This feature is still in a (very early!) Alpha status. Here's what that means!
Since our implementation is still in the early stages, there are a number of limitations:
- Extensions must be installed on a per-sandbox basis.
- Settings must be set on a per-sandbox basis.
- You can only have up to 250MB of extensions installed.
- The loading of Next Code may fail occasionally (refresh the page if so).
- There may be bugs in the actual Next Code interface.
- Not all extensions are available for installation.
- Next Code projects take about 15 seconds to load vs 2 seconds for a normal sandbox.
- Some menu options may not make sense, for example there are mentions of "OSX" and "Windows", and "Ctrl+N" will actually open a new browser window, not a new file.
- Your extensions in a sandbox will need to be reinstalled.
- Your settings will need to be reconfigured.
- The interface is going to change significantly.
- Any code you write in a Next Code sandbox will be persisted as it would in a normal sandbox.